College Counseling at Posnack Virtual School
The College Counseling Process
Getting Ahead in a Competitive World
The road to college is an individual journey; each child has their own path. As the only real-time college preparatory online Jewish high school, the responsibility of preparing our students for successful and rewarding academic careers is a sacred duty to our students and their families. Working together with students and their parents, Posnack Virtual School’s guidance and college counseling team helps students discover the schools that are right for them. This process begins in middle school, with an introductory meeting with the college advisor in 8th grade. Students participate in individual and class meetings with the college advisor and the guidance team until graduation.
College Success Starts with a Posnack Diploma
- 3 students from the Class of 2014 were named National Merit Scholarship Finalists
- Class of 2014 students garnered many awards and scholarships including: Nordstrom Scholarship, National Council of Jewish Women Scholarship, Ford Salute to Education, as well as a Silver Knight winner in Social Science and an Honorable Mention in Business
- 78% of Posnack High School’s Class of 2014 who applied to the University of Florida were accepted
- 98% of Posnack High School’s Class of 2013 qualified for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
- 100% of the Class of 2014 was accepted into 4-year colleges and universities
- Posnack School graduates rank in the top 5% nationally
Click for the list of Posnack School College and Post-Graduate Acceptances, 2002-2017
Meet Randi Marcus, Director of College Counseling
Randi Marcus, M.S., is Posnack School’s Director of College Counseling. Randi was born and raised in New York and brings over 20 years of varied and relevant experience to her role at Posnack School. As Director of Guidance and College Counseling at University School for the past 16 years, she created and implemented a personalized comprehensive college counseling program for students in 5th through 12th grades. Randi absolutely loves working with students throughout their college search and application process and empowers them to make informed decisions that will optimize their post-secondary choices.
A 26-year resident of Golden Beach, she is married with 3 children and 4 dogs. Randi received her M.S. in Counseling and a Certificate in Substance Abuse Counseling from Nova Southeastern University. She completed training and certificate programs in College Admission Counseling at Harvard, Dartmouth, Emory, and Stanford Universities.
Randi loves meeting students and their families. To set up an online meeting, call 954-583-6100, ext 400.