Financial Assistance – Help When You Need It
We recognize that paying for a day school education can be challenging and we want to help families meet that challenge. David Posnack Jewish Day School is committed to educating Jewish children regardless of a family’s ability to pay the full cost of tuition. The application details the required information you should gather and have available as you enter information into the financial aid application. A processing fee of $50 will be paid directly to school. Once your application is complete, David Posnack Jewish Day School’s Financial Aid Committee will review the family financial information provided by you and then determine a financial aid award. David Posnack Jewish Day School provides financial aid on the basis of demonstrated financial need and availability of funds without regard to race, ethnic origin, or disability. All application forms, tax information, and other related paperwork is held in the strictest confidence. We feel that the success of our financial aid program depends on the confidentiality of financial information. We also expect that families will keep their financial award confidential. Awards may be withdrawn for failure to comply with this request. To begin the Financial Assistance process, please follow the instructions below.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
Applications can be made using an electronic spreadsheet.
To apply, download the financial assistance spreadsheet. When prompted, select “SAVE.” This will allow you to save your information as you go. Selecting “OPEN” will not allow you to save your information. When finished, print the completed spreadsheet and return to school along with all supporting documents by the due date.
The deadline for current school famikies to apply for financial assistance for the 2018-2019 school year is January 19,2018.
New families to the school are welcome to submit a financial assistance request assoon as students have been accepted and their enrollment agreement has been signed. All familes will be notified after the school reviewstheir completed applicatin.
All families applying for financial assistance must first determine wheir household income qualifies them for STEP UP FOR STUDENTS a scholarship program created to help families whose eduacational choice are limited by household income. Families who qualify for step up for students, must apply for step up for students scholaship in addition to financial assistance.
Click Here to learn more about the STEP UP FOR STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM’S HOUSEHOLD INCOME QUALIFICATIONS.
Tax return information from 2017 should be used in the completion. 2017 tax returns will be required on April 18, 2018
PLEASE PRINT OUT THIS PAGE FOR USEFUL INFORMATION BEFORE STARTING YOUR APPLICATION.
The application is ten pages. Please be sure to complete all ten pages.
- Each of these pages are under separate tabs located at the bottom of each sheet. You need to click on each tab to get to a new page.
- If your online answers are longer than the allotted space, The information will not print properly. Please be cautious to avoid this happening. If you need additional space, please enter information on page 11 titled “Add. Info.”
- Please use the mouse to move from question to question instead of the Enter or Tab keys.
- Remember to save your work every so often to avoid losing information you have already entered (e.g. power outage, etc.)
- When you have completed the application, please print out the application by selecting “File”, “Print” and then “Entire Notebook.”
- The completed application and supporting documents must be submitted to the business office no later than Thursday, January 19, 2018. (Returning families).
Financial assistance paperwork will not be accepted or processed until academic acceptance to David Posnack Jewish Day School is completed and the Enrollment and Tuition Agreement has been signed. If you have questions regarding our financial assistance program, please contact Karen Kleiman at 954-583-6100, ext. 235 or email her at email@example.com.